Thursday, March 31, 2011

Pizza for dinner!

We're having pizza for dinner?  Yes!!!  Oh the smell wafting through the house is unbelievable.  It's a Chicken Bacon Stuffed mound of ooey gooey yumminess.  With the memories of having pizza on family game nights and tantalizing aromas making their way through my olfactory lobes and into the nether regions of my brain, I suddenly come back to reality.  Chad is baking Papa Murphy's take and bake for himself and Justin, not me, because I have something special for tonight too.

I am having my first egg tonight!  Yay!!!!!  I have finally gotten to the point that I can add soft food to my diet.  I am having one scrambled egg with a few sprinkles of sharp cheddar cheese. Oh I can't wait.  My dear husband is down in the kitchen slaving away over my 5 star dinner.

4 hours later.....

Oh dear Lord in Heaven, I promise I will never do that again if you make this pressure in my belly go away. 

Mission egg: Unsuccessful. 
I stayed within my portion size, reticently stopped drinking water 30 minutes before eating, and yet pain still reigned king tonight.  The egg was a bit dry.  It's hard to scramble one egg without cooking the life out of it.  To my husband's credit, he thought it would help and scorched the poor thing so it would crumble easier.  Nice thought Honey.  I had no idea how much of a difference the moisture content would make.  Next time, I'll leave a little life in it.

1 comment:

  1. I remember my first egg... I thought I had died and gone to heaven! I still remember the exquisite flavor of the scrabbled goodness.
    But yes You will get a HUGE belly ache if you eat them too dry! I ate mine topped with cheese and salsa *YUMMY* ....

    ReplyDelete